Forum Index FAQ Search Sign in
Whitestone and PalmTX
Reply to topic    Forum Index\SDiD Compatibility
pehching

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Whitestone and PalmTX Reply with quote

Hi, my company is in the process of acquiring a few readers (SDiD 1212), and our supplier left me with a sample for my to test. I succesfully tested it on my palm 680 but cant get any results on the PalmTX, which is the PDA we are aiming to use on our project. I am using the Whitestone demo app.

Can anyone shed some light over this issue? The app runs but when i go to FDX read (or any other read menu item) it doesnt show any information, not even the "searching for tag" one.

We will be using the ISO 11784. On the Utilities-Versions page, i can get info on everything except the "GET FW" (firmware):

Get hw: 0380-4BC3
Get DRV: 03.00
Get API: 01.00

Does it work at all on the PalmTX? I see the pda on the compatibility matrix, but no discussion around it.

Thanks.
Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you insert the SDiD 1212 into the TX do you hear the SD insertion sound?

Go to Options\Preferences and unselect "Disable Warnings."

Go Utilities\Versions and try to get the FW version. What error do you get?

Go to ISO 11784\FDX. What error do you get?

SDiD Support Team
Wireless Dynamics Inc.
pehching

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Yes, i can hear the SD insertion sound.

I did what you suggested, disabled the warnings and when i try to get the FW version i get:

Communication error.
8300,156101,F0100025

Cant do anything else after that, the error keeps poping up, even after i dismiss it.

What could be the problem? I tried reinstalling Whitestone but its always the same.

Thanks.
Brian
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few Palm devices that don't support combo cards (i.e. SDIO + SD Memory). This particular Palm TX might also be having a problem. The error code you receive means the application sent the command but did not get a response from the SDiD. This particular error usually occurs when the PDA does not recognize or is not compatible with the SDiD.

The reason you keep getting the error is because Whitestone is continuously trying to retrieve the FW version over and over again. To prevent the pop-up from appearing simply remove the SDiD from the SD slot.

We are looking into this.

Brian,

SDiD Development Team
Wireless Dynamics Inc.
pehching

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tnank you for the swift reply and following of the issue. The error only shows when i have the card inserted, if i remove it, the pda is normal.

Hope you guys can find out what could be wrong. Like i said before, i am sure we will talk more when we have our licensed sdk and cards.

Thanks for everything. :-)
Brian
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so it looks like the TX (and a few other Palm PDAs) handles power control a little differently for combo cards. For some reason when Whitestone tells the TX to turn power off to the SD slot the TX thinks about it for a while before actually turning the power off. My guess is that it's making sure no apps are using the memory on the SDiD 1212 before turning the power off as to not corrupt memory. Now the problem occurs when you tell the TX to turn power off to the SD slot and then while the TX is thinking about it you send another command to the SDiD. At this point the TX gets all confused and its game over Cry

Since power is controlled by the user application this is something that you can easily prevent in your own applications. However, I have added a change in the driver to guarantee this will never happen in the future. An updated library and Whitestone v1.1 will be available very soon.

Brian,

SDiD Development Team
Wireless Dynamics Inc.
Reply to topic    Forum Index\SDiD Compatibility
Jump to: